|Part of my Berzerker squad.|
So I’ve been looking at all the “confirmed rumors” and a few things have struck me as leaving Chaos Space Marines more and more in the Nerf-zone until the new codex comes out:
- If Chain Axes are now initiative 1 (it’s more than likely –1, but I can’t remember where I saw that it said it was dropped all the way to 1) then my Berserkers strike last every time now (at least until the new codex comes out and maybe that gets fixed). It seems to be based on what the models actually have in their hands… so the default Chain Axes of the Zerk box kinda screw me a bit. WYSIWYG has sort of gone out the window for me then. I’m not going to buy more Zerks and I’m not going to modify my existing models. Chainswords on paper for everyone!
- Feel No Pain at 4+ was one of the only things that made the expensive Plague Marines worth while. Until the new codex comes out, they will be just as expensive but less useful.
- I’ve wanted new psyker powers for a looong time. It is a (sort of) boost for CSM, but then everyone gets that same boost. So far, random assignation of powers is the only thing that really bothers me in 6th. Also, CSM is still stuck with the Nerf versions of Warp Time and Lash. That continues to chap my hide.
- The inherent inflated expense of CSM units will cost us in Kill Point games. That’s not super different, but killing an overpriced unit the old way was just 1 KP. But now that same expensive unit can be 2 KP or more!
- NO FLYERS!… until the new codex, I hope. There had better be more than a dopey mechanical dragon.
- NO SNIPERS! Can’t take advantage of choosing which model to hit when you roll a 6. I’d love to have some snipers. Space marines get them. Seems like if anyone should have snipers, it’s CSM.
|I had to pin/strengthen the base because it just sort of melted over on it's side. All hail, Failcast!|
These are a few buffs that I can see as filling the gap, a bit:
- Daemonic Fear forcing units to LD test or be WS1 is pretty awesome. Until the new codex comes out and there are no Princes in it (Likely and lame). I suppose soon I’ll have to get the Daemon Codex to be able to use my Prince model at all.
- Vector Strike (D3+1 hits at the model’s Strength on a unit moved over) seems pretty cool. But again, it will likely disappear for CSM when the new codex comes out.
- Hammer of Wrath will let my Raptors strike at I10! Can’t be bad and will likely get better with the new codex!