Thursday, November 29, 2012
Bay Area Open tickets are now on sale! This event was a bunch of fun on a bun last time. These are my BAO related posts from last year.
I will be entering a table in the Table Building Contest and maybe playing in the team event. Also, GSI will likely be selling Tentacle Makers and Omni-Templates and hopefully other new products...
I'll see you there!
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
|Yep, that's broken.|
by Rich K.
Well, two weekends ago I trucked over to Frontline Gaming to catch a 1750 point game with my buddy, Tim. I brought my camera along with every intention of recording the event. While setting up the table and deploying I put my camera in my back pocket and probably leaned against something sharp which cracked the hell out of my screen, as you can see.
Monday, November 19, 2012
|Van Gogh is always only half listening.|
by Rich K.
The Web pounds us over the head with the “fluff” and “competitive” labels but should there be a third type of table top gamer: the artist gamer?
Monday, November 12, 2012
By Jordan of There Is Only War
Greetings, all. Jordan here from There is Only War. Last time we took a look at how to take great photos using Point-n-Shoot and DSLR cameras. This time we'll be learning how to put the finishing touches on your miniature photographs.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
by Rich K.
I wanted to try out some Chaos Spawn but I didn't want to get stuck paying for them if I don't like the way they play. I started out thinking I'll just proxy in some termies for a game or two... but then I had a brain wave! I have an entire squad of WFB Zombies that I'll likely never use (Typhus is just too expensive, I think) so why not put 3 Zombies on a single 40mm base to represent the 3 wounds of a Chaos Spawn?
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Marlon of AssaultTuesdays.com
Ok, this idea is not originally mine. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for good tutorials about how to make Greenstuff flames (you can find a great one here). The airborne dragon in the site's example pictures got me thinking about how could I build and paint the 40k version of such an amazing composition...so...
Thursday, November 1, 2012
It's been a little less than a year and GSI has...
- Gained 99 followers (but can't seem to break into triple-digits for some reason).
- Uploaded 85 posts, including this one.
- Had 17 guest posts by some great authors! Guest posters are still welcome, just shoot me an email with your idea at tentaclemaker(at)gmail(dot)com.
- Had the The Mauler/Forgefiend Kit: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly... and Easy Magnetizing! post help generate 1010 views of this humble blog in a single day! That's significantly more than the previous GSI record of 789 for the Sculpting Tools and Tips post from back in January!
- Created a Facebook page and Gallery (some recent gallery photos below).
- And made a bunch of friends all over the world!
Dark Future Games
From the Warp
There Is Only War
Black Matt's Black Legion Blog
GSI has been the best, most fun, second job I've ever had. Thanks for all your support!
I'm still working on more products but it's slow going. New stuff soon!