Sunday, July 22, 2012
I’ve been working on a couple of things this week. The first is: I finally just decided to paint my Dreadclaw. I’ve been staring at it for a month to try and figure out what else I could add to it. Well, I decided that paint would be a great thing to add. I suppose I was victim to “analysis paralysis” because I just couldn’t bring myself to move forward.
I moved forward by trying my hand at some pre-shading. I didn’t do it like most folks, mainly because I primer’ed it in black and then decided to pre-shade. As I understand it, white is th preferred undercoat when pre-shading. But the effect came out OK, I suppose. Probably took a lot more paint than it should have because the black sort of eats it.
Also, I’ve been working on my sculpting. I have a new squad of Chaos terminators but the kit doesn’t come with enough CCW’s. I magnetized and added some sculpting to the AOBR arms (above) I had laying around and now my squad is pretty much WYSIWYG.