- Remove the glass from 90% of the cars that will be used.
- Spray flat red
- Sand down wheels to simulate flat tires
- Dry brush 2 colors of rust, starting with the lighter one. This should give you patches of rust with "older," darker rust in the middle.
- Use a light oil wash in the panel lines and wheels. Be sloppy about it.
- Apply other weathering like Tamyia fluids and such.
- Hot glue in place
- Apply grass flock and bushes
- Stuff shrub foam bits into the open windows (distracts from the lack of detail inside, but also conveys that the wreck has been sitting a long time)
I'm very happy how it came out. Now I just have to finish the other one.