Wellllll... I had a battle report planned for this week but for some reason 93.7% of the pictures came out poorly. I'm not sure what the problem was. I really hope I don't need a new camera. Either way, I try to post something every week so this lack of a bat rep left me flat footed and scrambling for content... so I suppose I'll just trot out my WIPs!
Truncated Battle Report
Here is the battle report summary: I played Nick and his Orks over at Frontline. Due to a bunch of LOS blocking terrain and some brilliant horde hiding by Nick, I lost this one. I was robbed pretty much all of my first turn shooting because of his hidden Orks.
Lately, it seems I have the game well in hand until the final rolls. Seriously, I was in pretty good shape. I should have killed his HQ with a mass of poison weapons but between my suddenly crappy rolling and his better than statistically average saving... that green HQ bastard just wouldn't die.
Nick even said that he really couldn't point to anything I did wrong during the game except blow those last couple of rolls. So once again, my rolling fell apart in the last 2 minutes of the game and Nick won due to Slay the Warlord and Linebreaker. Neither of which he would have gotten had my Plague Marines done any poison damage! Son-of-a....!
This is my favorite pic of the night.
Vendettas need love, too.
I've finished pre-shading the Vindi, blocking out the colors for the Daemon parts, and just started doing some of the detail work. Funny thing is, I'm not sure where to go from here with the tentacle painting.
I like the contrast of the light grey, the pinks, and the blacks against the green of the Vindi. What to do. What to do.
Also, in my continuing effort to be able to place a completed army on the table I'm finally putting the finishing details on my Nurgle Lord. I may not be a great player, but at least my army will be done!
I'm dropping the Palanquin in favor of a Bike. Luckily, I modeled it as a mechanized Palanquin so the jump to Bike is not too much of a stretch. I'm putting the Nurgle-soup in the rear container as I write this. Seeing as things are drying, I don't want to disturb the model to take pics for fear of messing it up. I'll be posting a tutorial on making soup if my process works.
I also decided to drop the Burning Brand and Maul in favor of a Fist and a Lightning Claw. He keeps getting doubled-out from fists. The maul just doesn't generate enough wounds at the higher initiative step.
His right arm with the power claw was cut off of a Dark Vengeance Chosen with my razor saw, as was the left shoulder pad. The left power fist is the one that comes in the CSM box. I just cut it at the elbow and glued it to the DV shoulder pad.
I kinda wanted him to look like he is issuing a challenge. Sort of pointing at the ground in front of him and saying "Come here and fight, coward!"
This one guy has parts from six different kits on him, including the Secret Weapon base! Plus a good bit of GS sculpting.
Provided my soup recipe comes out like I hope, I'll have it posted next week. Wish me luck!