Sunday, December 2, 2018

Dropzone Vampires!


I'm slowly building a Scourge force.  It's not taking me as much time as my PHR because the paint scheme is much easier and mostly air-brush-based.  I've had these little beauties in my paint queu for a looooong time.  Mostly because they were a horrible unit on the table.  Now?  They are pretty damned good!



These guys were a bit different.  I painted the top surface with Vallejo Air 71.008 Blue and the underside with Vallejo Air 71.027 Light brown.


Then I hit them with Pledge Floor Polish through my air brush.  Next was an application of GW Leviathan Purple on the upper surfaces and GW Gryphonne Sepia on the bottom surfaces to bring out the nooks and crannies.


The metallic bits wer painted with Vallejo MC 70800 Gunmetal Blue, Vallejo MC 70.801 Brass, and then washed with P3 Armorwash (this stuff is AWESOME!).



The eyes are just the brightest yellow I could find with a white dot in the middle.

I really like the way they came out but I dread handling them as I HATE metal models.  I did put small dabs of Super Glue on the wing tips and tail to hopefully protect them from chipping.  We'll see how that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...