Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lictor Conversion #2


Today we have another great Tyranid Lictor conversion from Ron.  Not only is there some impressive conversion work, but the paint scheme is pretty striking, too!

 
<<< >>>

Hey Everyone!
Ron here with another lictor pose conversion.

This is my second lictor with a converted pose, you can see my first here. I wanted a lictor leaping through the air, flesh hooks firing, claws stretched out wide, pouncing on his prey. I couldn't find any artwork that I liked depicting a pose like this so I made a (very basic) sketch. My process for sketches is to set the actual model pieces down near my artwork for reference and try to sketch them in a rough 1 to 1 scale in the new pose I'm going for. The sketch helps me to get a pose that looks believable on the finished model.


So the first thing I needed to do was bend the tail with hot water.


Then I hacked up the legs at the joints, pinned and re positioned them to the sketched pose.


I drilled a hole under the ribcage with a pin vice and inserted a 1/16th" brass rod to hold the model in place. I also drilled a hole on the base and glued the rod to the base.


I then filled the gaps with green stuff, adding the horizontal striations tyranids typically have at extended joints.


Next up I cut, pinned, re-positioned, and gap filled the upper arms.
 

Next I created the mouth tendrils using the tentacle maker toolbox from green stuff industries. This is an amazing tool, and I can't speak highly enough about it. I wrapped them around a brass pin, which I used to anchor them to the head where I cut off the existing tentacles (drilling out a pin hole for the brass pin to go in).
 
 
I used rending claws from the ravener kit, and flesh hooks from the warrior kit to finish up the conversion.
 
 
I then added some sand and cork rubble, and green stuffed some creep on the base.
 

Finally I painted him up, here is the finished product:
 




For my next conversion I'll be taking a small break from lictors to work on a minor Mawloc conversion with a closed mouth.




Stay tuned! Thanks for reading

 
<<<  >>>
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...