Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Dropzone Bat Rep: UCM vs PHR

 

I take my newly (nearly completely) painted PHR army out against Reecius' UCM in this exciting game played on the new Urban Zone F.A.T. Mat, specifically designed for DzC!  Also, check out GSI's Destroyed Building Markers that Reece puts to good use during the game!


Points: 1500
Mission: Land Grab
Level: Battle (practice for LVO)
Army: Standard

Post Human Republic
Player: Rich/Novus
1497/1500 points

Hand of the Sphere [497 pts]
   Command Squad: Zeus(Grand Vizier), Hyperion, Neptune [305 pts]
   Mercury Drones: 4x Mercury [60 pts]
   Sirens: 2x Sirens, Triton A1 [132 pts]

Battle Pantheon [246 pts]
   Battle Squad: 2x Phobos [126 pts]
   Helios Squad: 2x Helios [120 pts]

Immortals [104 pts]
   Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [104 pts]

Immortals [104 pts]
   Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [104 pts]

Heavy Pantheon [411 pts]
   Hades: Hades, Poseidon [286 pts]
   Erebos Squad: 2x Erebos-A, Neptune [125 pts]

Air Wing [135 pts]
   Athena Squad: Athena [135 pts]


United Colonies of Man
Player: Reece
1500/1500 pts

Field Command [386 pts]
   Kodiak: Kodiak(Lieutenant) [168 pts]
   Longbow Squad: 2x Longbow, 2x Raven B [90 pts]
   Wolverine Squad: 8x Wolverine B [128 pts]

Armored Formation [423 pts]
   Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Albatross [201 pts]
   ^ Sharing ^ Sabre Squad: 6x Sabre [222 pts]

Legionnaire Corps [311 pts]
   Falcon Squad: 2x Falcon [92 pts]
   Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires, Condor, 2x Bear [141 pts]
   ^ Sharing ^ Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires [78 pts]

Expeditionary Group [268 pts]
   Praetorians: 2x Praetorians, Raven A [124 pts]
   Praetorian Snipers: 3x Praetorian Snipers, Raven A(+Missile Pods) [144 pts]

Air Wing [112 pts]
   Seraphim Squad: Seraphim [112 pts]



My Two Cents
Like I said in the video, I can't claim any stunning tactical genius in this one as Reece seemed to really piss off the Dice Gods recently.  He did NO DAMAGE to me over TWO TURNS.  It's hard to win when 33% of your possible output evaporates that way.

I've been struggling to figure an easy way, aside from Menchits, to deal with his snipers.  Can't say I was successful... I got really lucky in the damage I did deal to them.  I'll probably have to add those dumb Menchits.

Surprisingly happy with the way the Erebos worked out.  Not super offensive units, but they do have a great psychological effect.  He wasted more time trying to kill those than any other unit on the board.  I do miss my Apollo's, though.

Main take away here: Don't assume what you think is the center of the mat is actually the center of the mat.  My Hades was probably less than 1/16" over the line and that little bit kept me from what could have been a crushing victory.

Great game Reece!  I hope you have more statistically average luck next time!


<<<  >>>



 photo BannerAdSmall_zps84bf3f9f.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...